Friday 3 June 2016

On Ogoni Clean-up, Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler



 
The paramount ruler of the Ogoni kingdom, King Godwin Giniwa has said that the immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan made a terrible “mistake” for ignoring the UNEP report.

King Giniwa while speaking the launch of the Ogoni clean-up programme held in Gokana Local government area of Rivers state, described Jonathan as an easy-going man, the Paramount ruler expressed shock that Ogonis were neglected during his administration.

According to him, “Many times, I met with the former President. And each time we met and he asked me what I wanted, I tell him to come and help us clean our land. But nothing was done. He is my son and I like him, but he made a big mistake. He made a mistake for ignoring the Ogoni people.

“But when I met with this current Federal government led by Buhari, he gave me his word and here we are today.

“I want to appeal to you (Federal government) to please employ our people. Please, appoint one of our own into your cabinet so we can feel your impact.”

The paramount ruler also announced the installation of a Chieftaincy title, Mene-Nuale on President Mohammadu Buhari.

No comments:

Post a Comment